News and Announcements
School will begin for grades 1-6 on Tuesday, August 22, 2023 and Kindergarten will begin on Wednesday, August 30. Back-to-School Night will be held inside Heartland on Monday, August 21st. Teachers will be at tables to meet with parents and students as well as talk about their classrooms for the year. There will also be booths for PTA, Choir, and Orchestra. We will have school supplies available for families that need them. Back to school night will begin at 5:30 in the gym. We will be holding a standing room only meeting with all families to discuss our Title I plan, budgets, and PTA information. This meeting will be very brief. From 5:40-6:30 families can meet their child's teacher. Preschool & EXCEL will be in their classrooms, Kindergarten, and Third grade Teachers will be in the library. First grade, Second grade, and Fourth grade teachers will be in the lunch room and Fifth and Sixth grade teachers will be in the gym. School supplies will be located in the main hallway outside the kindergarten classrooms.
SUMMER FOOD PROGRAM
Jordan School District is once again offering a Summer Food Service Program. This program provides nutritious meals free of charge for kids 18-years-old and younger from Monday, June 5 through Friday, August 4. ***There will be no meal service on June 19, July 4, and July 24.
Please note that West Jordan City will be providing crossing guards for students to cross in front of the school. Please use the crosswalk when crossing 7000 South.
- Breakfast Service: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch Service: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Majestic Elementary School, 7430 S. Redwood Road, West Jordan
- Heartland Elementary School, 1451 W. 7000 South, West Jordan
- Oquirrh Elementary School, 7165 S. Paddington Road, West Jordan
- Westvale Elementary School, 2300 W. 8660 South, West Jordan
- Columbia Elementary School, 3505 W. 7800 South, West Jordan
The lost and found at Heartland still has many unclaimed items. Any items still unclaimed by June 13th will be discarded.
Heartland is Hiring! We have several openings for the upcoming school year. Click here to apply. Openings available for part-time classroom assistants.
Cold weather is coming. With the weather changes, parking lot congestion, and flu season, it is important to remember a few safety tips.
- Students who are feeling ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or the Flu should stay home until they have no fever or are feeling better. Please call and let us know to excuse your student's absence.
- There will be an increase in traffic due to more cars dropping off and picking up children. Please slow down and follow the parking lot signs. Families should not leave their car unattended in either lane. Families should not drop off students in the far lane, this is very unsafe and creates a danger for drivers and your children. I ask that when you are crossing the road in front of the school that you use the crosswalk. This will help all students remember to use it when crossing.
- Please help your children remember to bring a warm coat and shoes appropriate for the weather. Please let us know if we can help with winter clothing.
- Watch for the orange flags around the school. The orange flag represents an inside morning. Students are allowed to come into the school building at 8:15. Students should not arrive at school any earlier than 8:00 to eat Breakfast. For more information about cold weather policies, snow days, and inside days Click Here.
Monday - Thursday
8:25 a.m. - Music Starts, Students Line Up Outside
8:30 a.m. - Start Time
8:35 a.m. - Tardy Bell
8:30-9:00 - Beyond the Bell Breakfast Served
3:05 p.m. - End Time
Friday or Short Day
8:30 - 12:30 - Lunch will be provided
- Emails for staff members can be found here.
Going on at Heartland
After School Activities at Heartland:
- Choir; Heartland Heartbeats
- Once a year Musical or Play
- Mathletes After School Training
- Mexican Folk Dancing
- Soccer and Basketball Training with RISE Athletics
- Strong Families S.T.E.M, Math, Literacy, and Culture Nights
- After school tutoring
- Heartland Orchestra (Fees and Fee waiver information)
- Math and STEAM
- Math Competition
- Wellness Center and Before School Yoga
- Battle of the Books
- Social Emotional Learning Program
- Art/Music/PE/STEM offered on a weekly basis
- School Ambassadors
The Heartland Nine:
During the 22-23 School year, Heartland will focus on nine character traits. Students will be taught the skills during a rotation and will be provided will opportunities to practice each week. The skills include:
- Caring for Self
- Caring for Others
- Caring for Community
- Being a Good Listener
- Being a Responsible Digital Citizen
- Identifying Feelings
- Calming Down Strong Emotions
- Bring Kind
- Handling Conflicts
Please take time and speak with your students about the skills each month. They should be practicing them at school and home.
Previous News for our Heartland Families
New student registration begins August 1st. Our office will be open from 8:00-3:00 daily. Please share this information with your new neighbors and friends. (Kindergarten families if you haven't already brought your additional documentation please do so). Continuing students will need to register online only to update their contact information, communication preferences, and apply for free/reduced lunch (if applicable). A letter was sent home on August 3rd with your current username and password to complete this registration online.
Back-to-School Night will be held inside Heartland on Wednesday, August 17th. Teachers will be at tables to meet with parents and students as well as talk about their classrooms for the year. There will also be booths for PTA, SCC, Choir, and Orchestra. They will be handing out tickets for families to obtain new school supplies on their way out. Back to school night will begin at 6:00 in the gym. We will be holding a standing room only meeting with all families to discuss our Title I plan, budgets, and PTA information. This meeting will be very brief. From 6:10-7:00 families can meet their child's teacher. Preschool & EXCEL will be in their classrooms, Kindergarten, and First grade teachers will be in the library. Second grade, Third grade, and Fourth grade teachers will be in the gym and Fifth and Sixth grade teachers will be in the lunch room. School supplies will be located in the main hallway outside the kindergarten classrooms.
Husky Summer Camp
Monday-Thursday June 13th - 23rd 9:00-12:00.
- Summer Camp will include math fluency, and reading intervention.
- Each child will also be offered a free breakfast and lunch.
If you’re interested in attending, please register on our school website heartland.jordandistrict.org or online at: https://forms.gle/3sTJp9sLd5J5gP1L6Even if you have already talked to your child's classroom teacher and have confirmed your interest, please complete the online registration.
Please contact our office if you have any questions 801-565-7533.
Parents and Guardians, we want to remind each of you of the Student Drop Off/Pick Up locations, please view the map below. It is very important for the safety of each of our students and staff that we all comply with these procedures.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school.
If you ever have any questions and/or suggestions about our website, please don't hesitate to contact our Heartland School Webpage Master.